What you need:
1. Hold one of the straws vertically. Fold a second straw in half as in the diagram.
2. Place the first vertical Straw in the centre of the folded second Straw.
3. Hold the centre overlap tightly between thumb and forefinger
4. Turn the two Straws held together 90 degrees anti-clockwise so that the open ends of the second Straws are pointing vertically upwards.
5. Fold a third Straw in half and over both parts of the second Straw to lie horizontally from left to right against the first straw. Hold tight.
Holding the centre tightly, turn the three Straws 90 degrees anti-clockwise so that the open ends of the third Straw are pointing upwards.
6. Fold a new Straw in half over and across all the Straws pointing upwards.
Repeat the process of rotating all the Straws 90 degrees anti-clockwise, adding a new folded Straw each time until all Straws have been used up to make the cross.
Secure the arms of the cross with elastic bands. Trim the ends to make them all the same length.